How to add Pinterest to you Facebook Page.
This is most likely going to be my shortest blog ever.
But it is Friday and everybody loves Pinterest and Facebook so why not marry them up so all your Facebook users can view you Pinterest account. You will notice that if you have added LinkedIn, Twitter and your blog for example then those links show up as part of your profile.
If you want to add Pinterest as a tab on your Facebook Page this is how you do it.
Step One: Install the Static iFrame Tab
1. Go to https://apps.facebook.com/iframehost/.
2. Click Install Page Tab
3. Choose the page you want to add the iframe app too.
4. Click Add Static iFrame Tab
Step Two: Edit the Static iFrame
1. Click Welcome
2. Click Authorize the Tab application
3. Click Allow
Make sure you add ‘m.‘ in front of ‘pinterest’ and after ‘//’ and remove ‘www‘ or it won’t work.
Note: If you only want to link to a specific board, locate the board on your Pinterest account and grab the link for it.
5. You can also adjust the height to for example 1,000 pixels instead of the preset 800 pixels to avoid having the scroll bar on the right. It all depends on how many boards you have.
6. Change the name in the Tab Name field.
7. Go to developers.facebook.com/apps and click Create New App at the top right. This and the rest of the steps are not necessary if you don’t want the Pinterest button.
8. Type a name in the App Name box. I named mine Pinterest button.
9. Save this Pinterest button to your desktop.
10. Click Edit icon.
11. Scroll down and click on the Page Tab section.
You have to fill in 3 boxes in this section:
- Page Tab Name
- Page Tab URL
- Secure Page Tab URL
a. Type the name you gave your tab in the Page Tab Name.
b. Look for your App ID number at the top of the page.
c. Type http://XXXXXX.iframehost.com/tab and change XXXXXX with the numbers you next to the App ID section at the top of the page. See mine below but don’t use mine. You must use your own numbers.
d. Type the name URL in the Secure Page Tab URL and add s after http
12. Click on the Apps on Facebook section.
You have to fill in 2 boxes in this section:
- Canvas URL
- Secure Canvas URL
Type the same URLs you used above but make sure you remove the word tab from the end and replace it with a / for each of the URLs.
13. Copy and paste this URL into your browser’s address bar making sure to change yourappid with your App numbers you used above.
14. Select the page you want to add the Pinterest button to and click Add Pinterest Button.
Voila – you’re all set to go. Enjoy 🙂